# What to use the Split a name into columns step for
This step takes any full name and splits it into its parts - title, first name, last name, and additional name. Useful when scraping LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and you want to send personalised messages. See this LinkedIn template.
You can use this step to:
- To extract first names to create personelised messgaes
- Extract names for CRM data
- Extract first and last name from LinkedIn
- Extract first names from data in a Google Sheet or CSV
- Extract names to personalise email campaigns
# How to configure the Split a name into columns step
Select the data containg the names.
Enter the column in the data where the names can be found. You can enter either a number (starting from 1) or a capital letter (starting from A).
Please ensure you only enter one value as only the first column provided will be used.
Select the fields to split the name into. The order of the parts will be the same as below.
The step outputs a preview of the split names.