This template creates a bot to clean up your Gmail inbox. The bot inputs search terms into Gmail. It then loops through one search term at a time. On each loop, the bot clicks 'select all', then clicks 'matching emails'. Finally, the bot clicks 'confirm' to delete them all. This automation will only run if triggered in a page with Gmail open.
# How to Install the Gmail clean up your inbox bot
To install this Gmail template click 'Install template'. If you are a new user you will be required to create an Axiom.ai account before you can edit the template.
# Set up 'Enter custom data' step
- In 'Custom data' data enter a list of items to store as data; each line will be stored as a new row.
- Check the data preview is correct.
# How to configure the 'Interact with a page's interface' step
We have configured this step for you. But you may need to re-select buttons, and text inputs as sites can be subject to change.
- Enter URL - should already be populated with 'https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox'.
- Enter Text: Search in emails - Select text field, use the selector tool to pick the gmail search box. In 'text' click 'Insert Data' and choose 'custom-data'.
- Press Key(s): Enter - Record an 'Enter' keypress. This submits the search.
- Click Element: Tick - Select the tick box that selects all the emails.
- Click Element: Select all messages that match this search - Select ths message which appears if the number of emails is over 50. Optional click - Tick as this message is not always present.
- Click Element: Delete - Select the Bin icon button
- Click Element: Ok - Select the OK button, Optional click - Tick as this message is not always present.
# Test your Inbox cleaner
We always recommed doing a trial run - click run now and the emails will be created but not sent. The 'Click Element: Ok' is disabled to stop the bot deleting any emails until ready.
# Ready to automate Gmail
Click on the step called 'Click Element: Ok', it will be greyed out. Click on the menu icon top right-hand corner of the step. Then click 'Enable widget'. When run, the bot will now clean your inbox.
Try these measures if your bot is not working. We would recommend you watch the video to troubleshoot.
- No search terms are entered into the seartch box. Check and reformat you 'Custom Data' step if that is ok re-select the search box.
- The bot does not delete any emails - check the final step is enabled.
- Select all conversations that match this search does not click - reselect the button.